CRICOS Code: 113451M
CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services
CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services is for individuals who wish to achieve specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. This qualification involves managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
Upon the completion of CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services individuals may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
For entry requirements please view our entry requirements policy and procedure.
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years
- Australian Year 12 or higher for entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level course http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/vcerecognition/equiquals/equiv-yr12.aspx;
- IELTS 5.5 overall band or TOFEL 46 (internet based), or Cambridge English 162 (Advance Certificate in Academic English), or Pearson test of English Academic 42 (PTE), or Occupational English Test – B for each test component
For more details please view our entry requirements policy and procedure
- Senior Youth Worker
- Community Worker or Coordinator
- Support Facilitator (Community Services)
- Coordinator of Volunteer Work
- Family Support Worker of Family Service Coordinator
- Community Care Manager
- Care Team Leader
- Welfare Support Worker
- Community Recreation Coordinator
- Case Coordinator (Community Services)
For further information please visit the MySkills at https://https://www.yourcareer.gov.au/learn-and-train/courses/CHC52021
CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services is offered face-to-face and is a full-time course completed over 2 years or in 104 weeks (including term breaks).
Work Component : Yes
Work Component Hours per Week : 20
Work Component Weeks : 20
Work Component Total Hours : 400
Students must complete a total of 20 units in this course comprising of 12 core units and 8 elective units.