CRICOS Code: 113450A
CHC43121 Certificate IV in Disability Support
CHC43121 – Certificate IV in Disability Support reflects the role of individuals in a range of community settings and peoples’ homes, who provide support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work according to and may contribute to an individualised plan, and work without direct supervision. They may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
Completion of CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
OR Completion of CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or;
OR Completion of CHC30408 Certificate III in Disability PLUS the CHCSS00125 Entry to Certificate IV in Disability Support Skill Set.
Other Entry Requirements
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years
- Australian Year 12 or higher for entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level course http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/vcerecognition/equiquals/equiv-yr12.aspx;
- IELTS 5.5 overall band or TOFEL 46 (internet based), or Cambridge English 162 (Advance Certificate in Academic English), or Pearson test of English Academic 42 (PTE), or Occupational English Test – B for each test component
- Day Support Disability Officer
- Disability Team Leader or Supervisor
- Social trainer or Project Officer
- Disability Service Officer
- Senior Disability Worker
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Community Development Officer
- Support Facilitator (Disability)
- Behavioural Support Officer
CHC43121 – Certificate IV in Disability Support is offered face-to-face and is a full-time course completed in 26 weeks (including term breaks).
Work Component : Yes
Work Component Hours per Week : 20
Work Component Weeks : 4
Work Component Total Hours : 80
Everest Institute will organize Work Placement after consultations and formal agreements with individual students and relevant organizations. It is the responsibility of the student to attend the allocated Work Placement/Professional Experience placement of 80 hours in an aged care, Respite homes, Residential care facilities etc. You may also need to obtain evidence of a Police Check to ensure participation in Fieldwork Placement.