The ESOS Framework - Providing Quality Education And Protecting Your Rights
PROTECTION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The ESOS framework protects your rights, including:
- your right to receive, before enrolling, current and accurate information about the courses, fees, modes of study and other information from your provider and your provider’s agent.
- your right to sign a written agreement with your provider before or as you pay fees, setting out the services to be provided, fees payable and information about refunds of course money. You should keep a copy of your written agreement. Please refer to the International Student Acceptance Agreement. Fees payable are detailed in the offer letter including for subsequent study periods.
The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) is a placement and refund service for international students, which is activated in the event that your provider is unable to teach your course. Visit the TPS website for more information, at www.tps.gov.au.
- Orientation and access to support services to help you study and adjust to life in Australia
- Who the contact officer or officers is/are for overseas students
- If you can apply for course credit
- When your enrolment can be deferred, suspended or cancelled
- What your provider’s requirements are for satisfactory progress in the courses you study and what support is available if you are not progressing well
- If attendance will be monitored for your course
- A complaints and appeals process.
As an overseas student on a student visa, you have responsibilities to:
- Satisfy your student visa conditions
- Maintain your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your stay
- Meet the terms of the written agreement with your education provider
- Inform your provider if you change your address and contact details
- Maintain satisfactory course progress
- If attendance is recorded for your course, follow your provider’s attendance policy, and
- If you are under 18, maintain your approved accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements.
WHO/ WHY /HOW TO CONTACT?
Your provider: Everest Institute
For policies and procedures that affect you
Phone (03) 8393 6550
Department of Education and Training (DET)
For your ESOS rights and responsibilities
ESOS Helpline – 1300 615 262
Overseas student ombudsman – 1300 362 072