CRICOS Code: 113449E
CHC33021 - Certificate III in Individual Support
CHC33021 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) – reflects the role of the community and /or community workers in following a personalized plan to provide person-centered assistance to those in need of support due to ageing. They must used is creation and judgment and take responsibility for their own outputs.
Upon the completion of this course, workers will have a wide range of knowledge of facts, techniques and procedures, as well as theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices needed to provide personalized support.
Students may undertake CHC33021 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) – as an entry pathway into the aged care or disability care industry. Our course is directed towards developing multi-skilled workers for the broad range of services supporting aged people and the disabled in residential and community settings.
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years
- Australian Year 12 or higher for entry to Diploma and Advanced Diploma level course http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/vcerecognition/equiquals/equiv-yr12.aspx;
- IELTS 5.5 overall band or TOFEL 46 (internet based), or Cambridge English 162 (Advance Certificate in Academic English), or Pearson test of English Academic 42 (PTE), or Occupational English Test – B for each test component
For more details please view our entry requirements policy and procedure:
- Personal Care worker/assistant in an aged-carefacility
- Care Service Employee
- Home and Community care worker
- Care Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Respite Worker
For further information please visit the My Skills at https://www.yourcareer.gov.au/learn-and-train/courses/CHC52021
CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) is offered face-to-face and is a full-time course completed in 52 weeks (including term breaks).
Everest Institute will organize Work Placement after consultations and formal agreements with individual students and relevant organizations. It is the responsibility of the student to attend the allocated Work Placement/Professional Experience placement of 120 hours in an aged care, Respite homes, Residential care facilities etc. You may also need to obtain evidence of a Police Check to ensure participation in Fieldwork Placement.